2013-11-15

Potassium?!

Potassium is supposed to be the lab value that dialysis patients don't have to worry about. Well, apparently that's wrong because I just finished three doses of Resenium (spelling, will correct later) over 6 hours to bring my potassium levels down. I also got to take Lactulose along with it. If you don't know, Lactulose is a laxative.

I have never spent so much time in my bathroom.

I have never had a problem with constipation, so I'm ticked that my doctor prescribed it, and I didn't really think of it until after I'd chugged the first dose.

It's 2:00am. I finished the last dosage around 1am.  Apparently doctors/clinics don't think patients have lives or jobs when giving these orders. I have to be up in 5 hours to teach, then I have a 2 hour meeting..  Yeah, it's going to be a stellar day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment